Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Apple > "Let's Talk iPhone" event officially announced!

Previous  123 ... 89 101112  Next
Author "Let's Talk iPhone" event officially announced!
admad
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2011-10-05 12:11
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2011-10-05 11:34:32, julias wrote:
What do you think?...

http://i.imgur.com/DteY4.png

I think that's the reason for the big disappointment
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2011-10-05 12:26
One thing that bugs me also is that the iPhone 4S has a new accessory, the usb adaptor. In order to comply with EU laws, they've had to release the phone with this adaptor. Whether it will come packed with the 4S or if you have to buy it seperately is also unclear for me. Why did Apple not just stick a micro usb port on the 4S ? either remove their own silly port from the bottom or mount the micro usb on the side, like my N8 ?

It reminds me of back in the days of the Nokia 6630, a phone which came with 3G but no front facing camera. You had to buy a silly desktop cradle which had a camera in order to make 3G video calls. Bizarre !

As someone who really loves mobile phones and would love an iPhone, Apple just make me so frustrated with their poor uptake of pretty much standard technology. Its like they dont want my custom.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
aka Dus
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2011-10-05 12:34
Apple have done that to comply with EU environmental legislation on standaedisation of connectors.

If they don't bundle it I would guess they will be in contravention of the law. By going the adaptor iroute they may remain in the letter of the standardisation regulations but.not the.spirit of them.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-10-05 12:41
If they suddenly got rid of their bottom connector that would then make all their accerories that plug into the iphone like docks useless.
Phone?? What phone??
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2011-10-05 12:42
Fair enough, but why not just give the 4S a proper micro usb port ?

One of my best friends has an iPhone 4, he loves it and to be honest whenever i see him im always asking for a play with it for its gorgeous screen alone, but the amount of times he comes to visit me at work in my store where im a manager with a dead iPhone 4 that has no battery is pretty much most of the time. He'll whip out his iPhone and it will work, but the backlighting wont come on because the battery is almost flat. Now, at work, myself and my deputy manager keep a micro usb charger there the whole time. I keep a micro usb car charger in my car at all times. I never run out of battery power these days since the introduction of micro usb charging as standard for cross manufacturers. Everyone at my store charge their phones when at work if they need to since im a pretty laid back boss. The charger is always there.

So what of Apple ? they still need to be charged with their own silly port that is incompatible with every other manufacturer out there. Will this new adaptor bring usb charging ? probably, but who wants to carry an extra accessory which lets face it, is sooooo NOT keeping up with the times !?!

Apple actually make me angry !
[ This Message was edited by: etaab on 2011-10-05 11:43 ]
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2011-10-05 12:59
I find it strange that given the general dislike of Apple, and the iphone 4S, that these two topics are among the most active we've had in a while, although mostly filled with people saying those don't like Apple, or the iphone 4S, or both!
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2011-10-05 13:19
I totally disagree. Im only here today and yesterday because ive been swamped up by the hype and ive had two days off work lol !

Id be on Esato a lot more if my job didnt dictate my social time so badly.
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2011-10-05 13:24

On 2011-10-05 12:59:03, masseur wrote:
I find it strange that given the general dislike of Apple, and the iphone 4S, that these two topics are among the most active we've had in a while, although mostly filled with people saying those don't like Apple, or the iphone 4S, or both!

The problem is that we all have a love/hate relationship with Apple I will be the first to admit that as I'm one of those people.
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2011-10-05 13:38
And its the love hate thing with me too. I love so much about the iPhone 4, not so much about Apple themselves, but also hate how they operate. They talk about things like they're the market leaders when really they are just rehashing something that isnt as good as the market leader.

Its a bit early to tell, but heres All About Symbian's pre release thoughts on the iPhone 4S's camera:

For those who were wondering about the iPhone 4S camera, put it this way, i dont think they'll be stealing the N8's crown this year.
Indiandawg
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2011-10-05 14:10
I don't know for how many people the screen size is important but for me it's important for browsing. Bigger the screen, betteer the browsing of course. I was hoping for iPhone 5 with 4"inch screen.

I think apple missed it's chance to be #1 from now on. I'm sure samsung and other companies are going to come up with phones way ahead of iPhone specs. I'm expecting quad core in Q2 2012. But by that time hopefully iPhone 5 will hit the market. But still samsung or someone else will lead the specs.

And with the growing Android base around the world, Icecream sandwich has a good chance to show something that iOS can't do. So all in all, Android and it's manufacturers have a good chance to stop apple domination.

P.S - still waiting for Arc S! Lol
T200 -> T68i -> T610 -> K700i -> P910i -> W800i -> P990i -> M600i -> P1-> Nokia E71 -> X1i -> X10 -> Arc S -> Sony Z1 -> Sony Z Ultra -> Sony Z3+ -> iPhone 6 -> iPhone 7 Plus -> iPhone X -> iPhone XS Max
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-10-05 15:24
www.mobilenewscwp.co.uk/2011/[....]ne-and-three-confirm-iphone-4s
Phone?? What phone??
rickster2kuk
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2011-10-05 22:53
Photo samples do look good upon closer inspection. Again I'd have to see them under different conditions.

Samples also come in at a nice 2 - 3mb which means limited compression - SE take note!
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-10-05 23:01
I would laugh though if it was a Sony sensor I admit they do look good but weather the average Joe would get such great images everyday is another thing.
Phone?? What phone??
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2011-10-06 10:27
I have no doubts the camera will produce very good pictures but i dont think it'll come close to the N8 or Satio.

On 2011-10-05 14:10:22, Indiandawg wrote:
I don't know for how many people the screen size is important but for me it's important for browsing. Bigger the screen, better the browsing of course. I was hoping for iPhone 5 with 4"inch screen.

Me too, its very important, every new phone i buy the screen keeps getting bigger and bigger with every generation. Ive even considered getting a Galaxy Note as my next phone, but its also possibly a little too large to use as a phone since it probably wont fit inside a tight jeans pocket. So, since iPhone 5 is now officially not coming anytime soon, im left looking at HTC or more likely the Nexus Prime.
rikken
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2011-10-06 19:32
Siri-ously
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 89 101112  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic