Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Technical > T68 & Win xp pro compatibility ?

Author T68 & Win xp pro compatibility ?
Claus
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-01-29 15:37
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
HI

Does anyone know if the T68 and the software will work flawlessly with WIN XP pro edt. ?

I need to be able to both synchronise calandar apps“, tranfer pics and TO DO's currently via IR but hopefully soon via bluetooth PC card !

Kind regards
Claus
rayorch
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-01-29 17:16
I own a shop in Bournemouth, Dorset. Called Powerzone and we sell an infrared adapter that works with any windows version (including windows XP)and the T68 as I use it at home. Its made by Tekram, Costs £24.99
Claus
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-01-30 16:03
Doesn't anybody know if T68 and the software XTNDConnect works with WIN XP pro ?

I need to know NOW - because I'm planning on upgrading my laptop to XP one of these days......the sooner the better

Kind regards
Claus
MO
K800 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-01-30 16:16
I have had problems XTNDConnect in WinXP Pro.

Some times it works, sometimes it doesn't, but maybe this is due to the drivers for my Infrared device (MA-600).

As far as I'm concerned you use a laptop with built-in IR-port, so if the drivers for this one is stable with WinXP Pro, then I assume that XTNDConnect would work fine.

I would give it a try...
MO
K800 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-01-30 16:24
Oh...

I'm also having problems with the Mobile Phone Monitor.

It finds the phone when connected, but if I remove the phone without removing the IR-connection (e.g if the telephone rings and I take it out of range from the IR-device) then when I put the phone back in range the mobile phone monitor (and all the applications that uses it) can not find the phone again. Then I have to go to Mobile Phone Monitor, manually remove 'My T68' and 'My SIM' so it can detect it again.

I hope you have the courage to try it out, so you can tell if you get same kind of "symptoms"
Jim
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2002-01-30 17:25
Hi I don't have any problem with XTND and XP, but I have the T39m and a cable

Note: I HAD problem with XTND but I dowloaded the service pack 4 and now there is no more problem
Orka
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-01-30 18:19
I have posted again the same here in Esato, but anyway.
I use the following:
IR: Actisys ACT-IR210L which is connected directly to the MB and needs no drivers in any Micrososft's operating system.
Windows XP professional
And the XTNDconnect pc downloaded for site for the T68 ( a file which is around 15 MB)
I have no problem to connect and syncronize my pc (outlook) with my phone. The only thing I did was to remove the tray icon (the one which is installed with XTNDconnect pc) from the windows' registry. I didn't change even the IR speed to 9600. I left it to 115200 and it works fine.
If you have any questions please mail me. However, I cannot help you on "where can I find this ir"

Hope to help you!

Claus
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-02-02 13:38
Thanks for usefull info.

This place is just a gold mine - full of helpfull & nice people.

Kind regards
Claus
hompy
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-02-02 13:52
Image transfer works perfectly, dunno about xtndpc.I use a bluetooth usb device
Xylic
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-02-13 12:31
How did you get Phone monitor to detect the phone? I also run Windows XP, but phone monitor don't show any phone. I use bluetooth and connecting to Internet through bluetooth and GPRS/GSM works fine. But syncronisation with Outlook XP doesn't work, since phone monitor don't detect T68.

I have chosen the T68 modem driver for Bluetooth on settings for the phone in the Control Panel, but to no help.
yiannis
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-02-13 12:35
WIN XP pro is 100% compatible with all t68 software including xtnd. Image transfer is much easier than all other windws version just right click photo and sent to infrared parcipient
woking_viking
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-02-13 19:58
I also have problems with XP (well i think it is an xp problem)

The phone is always connected as per the icon in the system tray (shows a tick) and I can sync with xtndconnect no problems but....

if I use ericssons mobile phone book app it disconects when it tries to sync

anybody have any ideas ????

Haydon
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi