Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Technical > Bluetooth can only do one thing at once!!

Author Bluetooth can only do one thing at once!!
gooner23
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-02-07 01:13
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I have just got an application running on my Ipaq 3870 called Running Voice which allows me to use the PDA to drive the phone, which is a T68 which is linked to the Ipaq over Bluetooth. All is fine. However if I want to make a call from the application to my T68 and take the call on my HBH-20 BT headset it will not work. The call is retrieved on the phone. The minute I close the Pda application and use the phone on its own the headset comes to life. In other words the T68 can only cope with one Bluetooth dialogue at a time. Very disappointing indeed for such a new technology (I know I know they started on it in 1994 which was a long time ago) Either way I am surprised. I will test out with some other apps to see if the same thing applies, but I am pretty sure it will. Anyone else come across this? Thanks Matthew
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-02-07 12:19
Matthew : I did actually reply to you in another post about this.

The reason is the bluetooth headset version/specifications.

I was told the technical part, why and how it worked,..but gotta admit, that I cant remember all of it

I'll try to talk with one of our bluetooth-engineers,..and get some "real" info on this subject

jan

KNy
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-02-12 20:42
My guess is that T68 Bluetooth baseband controller is capable only point to point connections, which means that it can not serve both devices at the same time.
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-02-12 20:51
KNY > You're quite right

BTW : welcome to Esato

Jan
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi